Monday, April 03, 2006

Optimist or pessimist?
















"Thing good, and it will be good" or "Expect the worst and the best will happen"

Opti or pessi' , the two ways to live life, when something bad happens do you freak out and get all nervous, or are you the type of person that says, hey it already happened, now time to move on.

Thinking positive is always good, makes life a lot easier, but the way I see it, lets face it, I' a realist, as so are most people ( I hope) and we all know that life isn't always easy, sometimes you have to be ready for the ugly, and thinking it will all be good is just going to set you up for the shock of your life...

On the other hand, expecting the worst is just going to give you a nervous breakdown, its a terrible way to live your life, always expecting/seeing the bad in life... Advantage is however that when the bad does happen you will be prepared and can say, see I told you so!@

Me, I'm a optimistic pessimist.

My tipsy quotes:

Optimist: Changing your blood type to B-positive. (or 0-negative)

"Depressed? Me? I'm not depressed... I'm pissed off! Depressed would mean that I feel like killing MYSELF, P/O means that I feel like killing SOMEONE ELSE!"

"I'm not sad, I'm just exercising my frown muscles."


Tipsy me ;) (Under the afluence of incohol, hope I made some sense, L'chaim!)
*********************************************

An optimist sees the best in the world, while a pessimist sees only the worst. An optimist finds the positive in the negative, and a pessimist can only find the negative in the positive.

For example, an avid duck hunter was in the market for a new bird dog. His search ended when he found a dog that could actually walk on water to retrieve a duck. Shocked by his find, he was sure none of his friends would ever believe him.

He decided to try to break the news to a friend of his, a pessimist by nature, and invited him to hunt with him and his new dog.

As they waited by the shore, a flock of ducks flew by. They fired, and a duck fell. The dog responded and jumped into the water. The dog, however, did not sink but instead walked across the water to retrieve the bird, never getting more than his paws wet. This continued all day long; each time a duck fell, the dog walked across the surface of the water to retrieve it.

The pessimist watched carefully, saw everything, but did not say a single word.
On the drive home the hunter asked his friend, "Did you notice anything unusual about my new dog?"

"I sure did," responded the pessimist. "He can't swim."

4 Comments:

At 3:51 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

Love the P/O one, I've ahd that feeling more than once.

also cute story with the duck, unfortunately I'm somethign of a pessimist myself, somehting to work on.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Eli Sp. said...

I had a poster of that pic hanging in my room, the last day of the school year one of my roomates says " Hey the frog is choking him!"

I kid you not.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

"Borrow money from a pessimist - they don't expect it back"

"An optimist laughs to forget, a pessimist forgets to laugh."

"A pessimist is an optimist with experience"

"A pessimist is never disappointed."

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip."

Hold on, why am I writing all these quotes? No one is going to read them anyhow! (Hehe, pessimistic me ;) Nah seriously, I really do think I found the perfect balance, a "optimistic pessimist", expecting the best and yet knowing its not going to happen... I was going to be an optimist, but I figured the chances of that working out weren’t that great.

OK, enough for now, thanks all for commenting, and remember when the situation get bad, it could have been worse... and tomorrow will be much better.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

It is better to post them as post rather than as comment, but you really never run out of them do you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home