Thursday, August 02, 2007

No jury duty for me! :)

LONG STORY SHORT: I ended up sitting in this gigantic waiting room from 8:30am till 3pm this past friday. I coined the waiting room "the fish bowl" named after 770 cuz basically all your doing is trying your darn hardest to keep yourself occupied and entertained till you get "called up"

Anyhow they actually called me up for one case with around 12 other people some of whom really seemed to be "Intellectually challenged", and gathered us all into a small room to check us out and see if we were right for jury duty.

Being that I was going crazy enough (yes I probably could have pleaded insanity to be excused from jury duty due the long wait in the fishbowl) I decided to skip all the great excuses I had come up with and opted for the one which was sure to get me excused. Please note I would not have done it if it had to be in public but on the bottom of the questionnaire which you fill out before you go in for the interrogation they have this little box which you can check if you want to discuss anything in private with them lawyers.

Lawyer: Mr. CS, you said you had something to discuss in private...
Me: well ya see its like this, 1. I'v been to Israel for quite some time... and so therefore I must say that I don’t have the most favorable view of Muslim Arabs (Probably shoulda told them of the night I was sitting outside café rimon and this arab came by and stabbed two of their workers while I was eating there.)
Oh and 2. Being that I live in Brooklyn where (think riots) where the majority of crime is committed by "African Americans" (funny how just a few nights before then I had some AA punk shooting stones at me from his apartment window with a slingshot) and so I must admit that I don’t hold very highly of ‘em.
Lawyer: So does that mean that you don’t think you will be able do judge people from certain ethnic background favorably?
Me: Yah yah, good one, exactly whatever you said.
And that was that for me :)


Oysh, so much more to write, but just got back from my chavrusah's place a little while ago after having a 5am breakfast... (hopefully next post will explain) Shoin, its getting early, time to go shlufin.

5 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oish, did that really happen at Cafe Rimon? That's horrible!

How was the black's aim? Did he hit you?

Mazal Tov on getting out of jury duty.

You were thinking pretty clearly for being up so late at night, I'm impressed.

Sleep tight

 
At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats..

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought they were BB's, now u say slingshots, you better get your story straight.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Sara with NO H said...

Sometimes the comments on your blog make me laugh more than the post. ;)

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger the sabra said...

" "
to the first comment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home