Sunday, July 15, 2007

Ever have your ENTIRE life flash right before your eyes?
My bro whom was home this shabbos from day camp had me cracking up when he shared this story with me…

BasicAlly he was driving with some guys after a rain storm, as they were rounding a curve on the highway their car fishtailed into the other lane right in front of a oncoming truck, B”h the driver was able to straighten out and avoid a collision, however the car kept on swerving and ended up crossing the yellow dotted line passed the incoming traffic and onto the grass on the other side of the highway in one of those “life flashing before your eyes” kinda spin.

Anyhoo as the car finally came to a stop (narrowly missing some trees on the side of the road) all the guys are just sitting there with their mouths hanging open in shocked silence, at that point my brother breaks the tense silence and exclaims “ohhhhhhhh, so that’s where I put the remote!

**********************************

Bad news: I lost weight! What am I going to do?! I recently stepped on a scale at a friends house and to my horror realized that since the beginning of the summer I had lost almost 5 pounds!

This is so unfair! I mean why is it that they have so many weight-loss programs out there, but no one ever thought of putting out a weight-gain program!

Oh yeah and I know what you’re all thinking, I've heard it before, yes that one weight-gain program called “marriage” … Thing is I hear it only comes with a lifetimes subscription and once you sign up for it there is no backing out, plus I hear you have to read the fine print very well ‘cuz then you notice that it’s not just a simple one step program :p



**************************

Me thinks: "It’s aint a good thing to (always) try to be somebody else, ‘cuz someday you just might have to be yourself and you wont know how."

13 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Fajita said...

doesn't anyone sleep anymore?
to your bro- no he di'inn...
to your weight, as we tell lil weak emaciated sis, take veetaminim.
me thinks: it's hard and happy when you find that you aren't being yourself, and muchos good when you catch yourself and learn to be how:)

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. he's funny

2. umm...freaking out about weight, huh?
marriage just might be worth it (and not just for the weight gain... it would be proof that my suspicions are unfounded)

3. u think profound thoughts

4. and here i was thinking you'd gone to sleep early.

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

waduya mean c. of course he went to sleep early he just woke up early :-)

btw cs. nu so sabra's blog ;p

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you really want to gain weight, the solution is sitting about 5 feet away from that scale. and what the heck was the remote doing on the side of the highway?

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

g. how does sitting 5 feet away help?????????

 
At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm.... i could've sworn i left some other comments.

Wow, c, u really gotta stop imagining things.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

FAJITA: 1. Regarding sleep
2. Yes he did :P
3. Beer :)
4.how can I possible respond to something like that?

C: 1. I know.
2. And what might you suspicions be?
3. Sometimes.
4. early in the morning :)

W: Duh! Went to sleep (early) shabbos day, woke up early sunday afternoon :)

Sab's blog, Nu Nu.

G: LOL 5 feet away (and I know you're not talking about the washing machine/dryer ;)

I corrected it just for you, read "ENTIRE life..." unless of course your just puling a (Yirmi) sarcastic remark on me :p

WIRES: The fridge dude, the fridgen fridge!

C: Imagination running wild, I have no clue what you're talking aboooot :p

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooooooops

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. The fridge is about ten feet away, not five. Anywho I'm talking 5 feet in the opposite direction.

2. That still does not answer why he put the remote on the side of the highway.

wires: Time to start harassing you about proper grammar. As I'm sure I've told you previously that your comments are often hard to read due to misplaced or absent punctuation.

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

g. LOL

and that still does not answer the Q. what is five feet away???

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as to hard to read i suppose i should tell u what i told s/o at work bout writing things :)

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what did u tell s/o at work 'bout writing things?

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i'll leave that for a private convo. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home