Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Smile, its free therapy :)

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.

Start playing song before reading this post.



"Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles."

Here is a rant of mine that I saved on my computer from a few days ago which set off this post.

Why are people so depressed? Geez you would think that the world is ending for some, why do they refuse to smile, why do they look all solemn and serious when others are (enjoying life) smiling, is it that they don’t know what life is all about? Sure life isn’t easy but being all depressed and upset aint gonna help the situation.

Granted some people have what to be serious about, at times, people go through hardships and struggles, situations which cannot be laughed off, but others live their daily life that way, all serious and downcast! What is wrong with these people I just can’t understand it! What, do you think you’re so special that only your life is worth crying about? Trust me you haven’t seen nothing yet, everyone has their problems in life, if you only you were to take a walk in others peoples shoes… maybe then you would begin to appreciate you life, smile for G-d sake, life sucks… when your bitter.

"A smile is the curve that sets all things straight"

What I mean to say is...

Don’t depress over the past, it is already behind you. Don’t worry about the future; it will always be one step ahead of you. Rather live in the present, treat each moment as a gift, smile :) enjoy it, and use it out for the best.

There is almost nothing worse then people who get depressed over past things, people who dwell over the past and drive themselves mad with regret. OK so regret might be a good thing at times, its always good to learn from our mistakes (if we cant learn from others mistakes) but it seems that for most regret will only lead towards depression, so the way I see it, learn and mature from the past, don’t regret.

The only thing worse then that is people who are always worrying about the future, things which haven’t even happened yet, and either won’t be happening for a while, or even things which probably will never even happen at all, sure its always good to plan ahead, but don’t let it destroy the present! As the saying goes “Don't worry, after all, worrying never solved anything”

Why cant people just enjoy the moment, if only we would all appreciate what we have, take a second and count your blessings… Trust me, G-d’s gifts are endless.

Smile, it’s for free!

Everyone smiles in the same language - If you don't have a smile, I'll give you one of mine - A laugh is a smile that bursts - If you don't start out the day with a smile, it's not too late to start practicing for tomorrow - Smiling is my favorite exercise - Wear a smile - one size fits all - If you would like to spoil the day for a grouch, give him a smile - A smile confuses an approaching frown - Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.

A smile costs nothing but gives much. It enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give. It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. None is so rich or mighty that he cannot get along without it and none is so poor that he cannot be made rich by it. Yet a smile cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away. Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give.

Smile, thats what this blog is all about.

CS. :)

26 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger Sara with NO H said...

This post was exactly what I needed this morning. You're the best c"s! And now I get to zip around my room wanting to kill you for putting this song in my head for the rest of the day lol. But hey, at least I'm doing it with a smile on my face. :P

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger C said...

LOL nice post.... I actually wrote mine during class last week, but didn't have time to type the Hebrew til yesterday.
"Fools never differ"-its def a happy day! :-D

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger anonym00kie said...

cs, you really something else.
i want to say that youre SO fortunate to be able to live life this way, and some of us are so unfortunate not to live the way you do, but ive come to the realization that a lot of our attitude is under our control.
thats the real difference between you and those who get depressed. you deal with the same issues, you have the same challenges..but you CHOOSE to deal with it in a positive way, and many of us choose to let it drag us down.

this post is really cheesy :) but.. BUT.. its really inspiring cuz its so nice to see someone consciously make a decision to be happy and not to get bogged down with regrets of the past and worries of the future.

youre a real pleasure to read :)

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Dovid said...

Yeah, CHEESY!! But I like.. Just tell me, what were you thinking? First the radio blog, then depression...?

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger The G said...

Dude, I don't know what you're going on about. Last I checked the world is still planing on ending soon. Don't you listen to George Noory?

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like someone had a bad date or something

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Jo said...

This is one of my favorite songs so I smiled just when I pressed play :)
On a tangent, do you know how similar Rastafarians are to NaNachs?
A few years ago on Shavout this girl spoke about being sad. Her method of overcoming it was to force yourself to smile and then press your cheeks back to make an even bigger smile. Then hold that position for a bit, so that when you let go it hurts to not smile. Plus you'll probably end up laughing at yourself if you have a mirror around.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

SARA: Thank you, glad to have made your morning.

lol I've had this song in my head for over a month already, yet I never felt like killing myself ;)

CHAYA: Thanks. I liked your post as well.

M00KIE: Thanks you so much for such a great comment.

"i want to say that you're SO fortunate to be able to live life this way"

It really isn't that hard to live this way, as I said " if only we would all appreciate what we have, take a second and count your blessings…" Not that I am perfect (far from it actually) and yes sometimes I get upset or sad with regret, but I do my best to pull myself out of it as quick as possible, after all there is so much to smile about, these days B'H I find it hard to walk down the street and not find something that will bring a smile to my face.

DOVID: Smiley kind of cheesy ;)

What were YOU thinking dude, thanks for helping me out with the song posting.

G: "Last I checked the world is still planing on ending soon"

Hey, for some people that is also something to smile about :p

ANON: Hehe, not what I heard ;)

REBBETZIN: Me is glad.

lol I'm going to have to remember that one in case I ever find it hard to smile.

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait - who went on a date?

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

Haha! I would tell you but I'm not a yente :p


"Smile, even if it's a sad smile, because sadder than a sad smile is the sadness of not knowing how to smile.”

“A smile increases your face value”

:)

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger C said...

face value...hehe

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger The G said...

Tip for the future: When you see a grumpy man siting alone at a table, please do not ever atempt to cheer him up! You just never know what might happen. ;p

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hay G you should have told me that before if I would have known I wouldn’t have come over sorry ;)

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

G: I still cant get over it! :( Really freaked me out. Poor guy, all we asked for was a smile.

Thank G-d he was smiling when we left, I felt so much better as I'm sure he did as well. (esp. after all the L'chaims ;)

WIRES: Hey :) hold on, what did I miss out on?

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Sara with NO H said...

Dude...
I can't believe I was humming this song at work today and my boss told me and I quote, "Damnit Sara. Shutup already. No one is in your mood here" (true story, didnt even change my name!)

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

LMAO! :)

Hehehe, so funny, in a sad kinda way ;)

Poor dear, where do you work for G-D's sake, at a cemetery? A dead atmosphere sucks at work, if I was ever boss of a company people would be obligated to read humor and listen to such songs before (and sometimes during ;) work.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Nemo said...

All I have to say is :)

 
At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cs just yankin g's chain i dont know what ur talking 'bout

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

wonderful 'cheery' mussar.
Forward this to all b'aalei mussar.

“Don't worry, after all, worrying never solved anything”
It could prevent stuff though.

 
At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey CS,

You asked me to post but i am sooooo drunk that I was not able to read this post... but i could not break my promise. I am posting this but only because i promised.

Molson is a great beer. thanks for the suggestion.

We had a nice conversation tonight, shame we didn't take it further.

CS, your'e loved!

I agree that people should smile, it is very healthy, and i feel that even if someone is extremely angry and down, if he smiles it will change his feelings..

gtg. good night/morning!

talk to you tomorrow.

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger The G said...

Wires: I understood that your trying to yank my ___, but I still don't get it.

Molson: "We had a nice conversation tonight, shame we didn't take it further...CS, your'e loved!"

Is there something going on here that we don't know about???

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you were grumpy..........

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

NEMO: Well said.

PRAG: I'm not a a great fan of mussar, unless its cheery mussar.

"It could prevent stuff though"

I agree, worrying can prevent lots of things, mainly happiness.

MOLSON: DUDE! You only had 3 beers for crying out loud.

Molson ice is aight. Take it further...? Don't scare me now :P but yeh, great topics, there's always another time.

Great to be loved.

G: I had to fill in wires, of course he had no idea what we were talking about.

LOL regarding Molson, no more beer for him ;)

WIRES: G grumpy?

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

You make us all smile CS!

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not me

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"G grumpy?" yeh i've seen it tough nothing like the grumpy that you told me 'bout             smile g ;p     and i'm not coming close to yanking your___,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home