Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Found another prayer to add my my prayer list, click here if you missed the last prayer post

Dear Lord,

Help me to relax about insignificant details beginning tomorrow at 7:41:23 am, e.s.t.

God help me to consider people's feelings, even if most of them ARE hypersensitive.

God help me to take responsibility for my own actions, even though they're usually NOT my fault.

God, help me to not try to RUN everything. But, if you need some help, please feel free to ASK me!

Lord, help me to be more laid back, and help me to do it EXACTLY right.

God help me to take things more seriously, especially laughter, parties, and dancing.

God give me patience, and I mean right NOW!

Lord, help me not be a perfectionist. (Did I spell that correctly?)

God, help me to finish everything I sta…

God, help me to keep my mind on one th -Look, a bird- ing at a time.

God help me to do only what I can, and trust you for the rest. And would you mind putting that in writing?

Lord, keep me open to others' ideas, WRONG though they may be.

Lord help me be less independent, but let me do it my way.

Lord help me follow established procedures today. On second thought, I'll settle for a few minutes.

Lord, help me slow down andnotrushthroughwhatIdo.
Amen

16 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Sara with NO H said...

Feeling a little self absorbed this morning, are we? lol

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger C said...

Fuuny! I like these better than the last time around....

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

SARA: Nahhh, this blog isnt about me ;)

CHAYA: Same here :)


Anyone else here like the song by bon jovi "living on a prayer"

...We've got to hold on ready or not.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.
Whoooooh, we're half way there
WhoohOoh, Livin' on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it - I
swear
OhhhOh, Livin' on a prayer

Oh and this here is called the housewives prayer :)

Now I lay me
Down to sleep.
I pray the Lord
My shape to keep.
Please no wrinkles
Please no bags
And please lift my butt
Before it sags.
Please no age spots
Please no gray
And as for my belly,
Please take it away.
Please keep me healthy
Please keep me young,
And thank you Dear Lord
For all that you've done.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger C said...

love the housewife....u have one for da men (or it dont matter, cuz their wives'll love em anyway)

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger chaverah said...

lol like the wives' prayer! I hope all our preayers are answered.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

CHAYA: I'm kinda having a hard time finding a (Clean) prayer for the men, if anyone knows of one please share.

I did find another housewives prayer though :)

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my sanity to keep.
For if some peace I do not find,
I'm pretty sure I'll lose my mind.

I pray I find a little quiet
Far from the daily family riot
May I lie back -- not have to think
about what they're stuffing down the sink,
or who they're with, or where they're at
and what they're doing to the cat.

I pray for time all to myself
(did something just fall off a shelf?)

To cuddle in my nice, soft bed
(Oh no, another goldfish -- dead!)

Some silent moments for goodness sake
(Did I just hear a window break?)

And that I need not cook or clean --
(well heck, I've got the right to dream)

Yes now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my wits about me keep,
But as I look around I know --
I must have lost them long ago!

CHAVERAH: Glad you liked ;) Thanks allot, may all our prayers be answered.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

BRILLIANT!!!!!
Your stuff keeps getting better and better!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger ggggg said...

Amen! lol

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger C said...

Hehe...you're evil

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Dovid said...

Lord help me be less independent, but let me do it my way.

When i saw that, I thought, Lord help me become more independant. funny?

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

KASAMBA: Thanks! :)

LAKEVENT: :) Amen, may it be G-ds will.

CHAYA: I tried, really, I did!

DOVID: Funny, try "Lord please help me become less dependent on others, cuz I dont think I can do it without help ;)

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Shpitzle Shtrimpkind said...

Good Lord, this is funny!!!

I'm sure He can see that.

On a more serious note: your priorities seem to be alright.

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

housewives prayer "CLASS A" :)

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger yingerman said...

Seems so true....

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger beautiful-stranger said...

Amen!
deina tfilis zuln ungenimen veren

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger the sabra said...

hehe how lovely to laugh at the lives of ourselves and our prayers so twisted so heartfelt and so true

 

Post a Comment

<< Home