Tuesday, May 09, 2006




OK. This next post is about something that has been driving me crazy since I started blogging, the blog "Spell checker"! Its driving me nuts and here is the reason why…

Its not that my spelling is bad, butt just two bee shore that I don’t half any unintentional miss takes after eye finish righting up any post, I run it threw spell check ass a precaution, and the funny sing is that nod only doze it fix my mistakes, it changes it in two a hole new word!!!

Get the point right? Truth is I cant really blame spell checker, it really is brainless (blameless) after all there are so many words in the English language that not only sound alike, sometimes they are even spelled alike and they have a different meaning! Of course it will mix them up here and there.

Here are some words that I though of that either sound or look alike.

HERE, such a simple word but if you spell it wrong you might come up with HAIR, HARE, HEAR, and maybe even HEIR.

How about this one, I DARE you to DERE THE DEAR DEER! Ok I’ll admit DERE I actually got out of the dictionary, but hey it is a word meaning to harm.

Here is another one I thought of, “I went to SEE the SEA, and saw a SAIL-boat for SALE”. Oh and then “it started SINKING as I stood there THINKING, with a SINKING feeling” Go figure.

What’s so FAST about a FAST day? Those are the longest days for me.

Is there a reason why we PET a PET?

If a frankfurter is called a FRANK then to be FRANK I wonder where the name FRANK comes from.

Why is it that when reading a book, you turn the PAGE, and yet if someone has a beeper or if you want to call him through a P A system, you PAGE him? And I Just found out that PHAGE is a virus!

Quick words. HOUR-OUR, ONE-WON, TWO-TOO-TO, FOUR-FOR, EIGHT-ATE, LIGHT-LITE.

How many RINGS are there? A gang is a RING, you have a wedding RING, the phone can RING. For some reason they call it a boxing RING even though it’s square, and yet by skating when its more circular they call it a RINK!

OY there really is so much more, but I think I proved my point for now, besides if I go on it will begin to sound STEW-PIT and you’d think I’m an “as whole” (kosher spell check curse)

What is by far the most amazing thing is that every time I run spell check on my blog it tells me that BLOG or BLOGGER is misspelled or that there is no such word! (Try bloc or blocker) It’s a freaking blog spell checker for G-ds sake, why would it ask me if I want to replace blogging with flogging? you would think they programmed it to recognize words such as blog or blogger!!!

BYE-BUY-BY for now.

12 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good points, all.

Another classic...

and I like the one about blog.
Pretty moronic. Or oxy-moronic. Or just Ironic.

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! You got the pics to post! :)

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something I don't use to often.
Did your brother get engaged. If so Mazel tov

-Runtome2006

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

FOOTCH: Thanks, and your right about another classic, there is so much to it.
Oh yah and I finnaly did manage to get the pics going after dropping by a friends house and using another computer, not having my own computer is really killing me!

RUNTOME: I know what you mean ;)
Oh and sorry but no, my bro did not get engaged 1. I'm hope he would tell me before he did 2. I'm the oldest boy in my family 3. I think I know the guy you are referring to and our last names are diffrent by a O and maybe a E. Sorry, but I'll make sure to let you know when I do get engaged.

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

brilliant simply brilliant, I enjoyed reducing all the homonyms a lot.
Actually about the sinking-thinking things there was great clip form Berliz circulating on the net awhile ago.(Americans-we're sinking! German coastguard -what are you thinking about?)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger kasamba said...

LOL!
Iceberg, Golberg- same thing!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Faye Spalter said...

true...the first 2 cracked me up b/c if ur not from ny they sound and look nothing alike....

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger smb said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger smb said...

Got to love english. LoL

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger JB said...

Thank ewe four these one-dear-full post. Eye will all ways sink off it ass the beast.

Wee new ewe head it inn ewe ;)

[Compliments of the spell checker from hell :)]

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

hehe :)

and this is reason why children should be taught to spell correctly in the first place and not rely on their computers!!

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Rafael V. Rabinovich said...

Sara said: "and this is reason why children should be taught to spell correctly in the first place and not rely on their computers!!"

Go tell that one to the Yeshiva Principal! How many bochurim graduate without knowing how to properly spell in English, Hebrew, or Yiddish!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home