Thursday, March 22, 2007



Oh whatever, lets just say that old'ish feeling is kicking in again, might have something to do with all my friends getting engaged... (Which brings to mind one of my favorite jokes: Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.)

A big lol to my cousin who handled it all so well at his sisters L'chaim, whenever someone came over to him to wish him a l'chaim he would raise his cup and say "ok mister let me just go ahead and paraphrase your l'chaim/blessing for you, "Imy'h by me" and thank you very much ;)

Anyhow this site is almost guaranteed to make ALMOST anyone feel young again (in a humorous way of course ;) here are some of my favorites. Enjoy.



"These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter. I go somewhere to get something... then wonder what I'm here after."

"Funny, I don't remember being absent minded..."

"My mind not only wanders. Sometimes it leaves completely."



"I've seen it all, done it all, heard it all. I just can't remember it all!"

Too old to care... Too senile to remember.

There are three signs of old age.
The first is your loss of memory. I forget the other two.



My teeth are my own. I have the receipt.

"It's no longer a question of staying healthy. It's a question of finding a sickness you like."

"I'm smiling all the time. Because I can't hear a word you are saying."



Forget health foods. I need all the preservatives I can get!


Being "over the hill" is much better than being under it!

Old age comes at a bad time.

Retired. Now I can do what I want. As long as it's near a bathroom.



I loved this story...
The Tooth Fairy: While working for an organization that delivers lunches to elderly shut-ins, I used to take my 4-year-old daughter on my afternoon rounds. The various appliances of old age, particularly the canes, walkers and wheelchairs, unfailingly intrigued her. One day I found her staring at a pair of false teeth soaking in a glass. As I braced myself for the inevitable barrage of questions, she merely turned and whispered, "The tooth fairy will never believe this!"


And of course

Seniors singles ads

Long-Term Commitment: Recent widow who has just buried fourth husband looking for someone to round out a six-unit plot. Dizziness, fainting, shortness of breath not a problem.

Serenity Now: I am into solitude, long walks, sunrises, the ocean, Yoga and meditation. If you are the silent type, let's get together, take our hearing aids out and enjoy quiet times.

Winning Smile: Active grandmother with original teeth seeking a dedicated flosser to share rare steaks, corn on the cob and caramel candy.

Mint Condition: Male, 1922, high mileage, good condition, some hair, many new parts including hip, knee, cornea, valves. Isn't in running condition, but walks well.

Memories: I can usually remember Monday through Thursday. If you can remember Friday, Saturday and Sunday, let's put our two heads together

32 Comments:

At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

b'itoy u'bizmanoy ;)

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Hey hold on a sec, haven't we gone through this enough times already ;)

And AHEM, what are YOU doing up at this hour :p

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try being a GIRL and 24. I guess though that it's the frustration of the stage, not necessarily the age. If you're left alone, it sucks no matter how old you are.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger the sabra said...

o some of these were hysterically funny. not gonna bother listin the ones i like cuztherearetoomanyandithinkiwanttostartwritingwithnospacesinbetween

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cs. i wasn't rushing u (or me;)
as to what am i doing up wouldn’t u just wish to know :-):););p

To: old maid.      Unfortunately that is very true and one way of dealing with It is through humor (whether it’s aimed at oneself (self-depreciating) or at another person/thing/object/etc……..)

As to “it sucks no matter how old you are.” to that I add or who you are

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

OLD?: Hmmmm, I don’t know, I was thinking more along the lines of "wow all my friends are getting engaged and Imy'h I will too one day (soon?) sheesh and to think about all those times my daddy told me "oh just you wait 'till you get married and have kids of your own... ;) so I mean feeling old in that kind of way, like wow its right around the corner, time to move on...?

Remember it is kinda different for a single girl and a guy at the age of 24...

Can't say I'm frustrated, although it does get annoying when you begin to lose your night friends (2am ride to 711 for coffee anyone?) annoying yes, frustrating not realy. If I was indeed frustrated I probably woulda started dating long ago. Oysh what can I say G-d blessed (cursed?) me with a wonderful single life, with enough friends, and I don’t feel the pressure just yet (ok so I am beginning to feel it a bit, but not that bad.)

But yeah, I do understand ya, it’s a sucky feeling to be alone...

SABRA: oyshthereyougoagainmakingmemeshugeh

WIRES: Thanks for the consideration ;)

P.S. Thinking of charging ya for the spinning lessons :p

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cs. here u go spin me round and make me dizzzzzzy like........ then u think u can charge me for that?

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey cs just noticed the post time (5:59 am) on your comment so how was it ;p

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Fajita said...

cs: Why dont u take some advi from the scraggly dude down bottom- quit worrying bout singledom...and it'll go away?

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is the picture from, England or Australia? The cars are going the wrong way.

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

WIRES: lol come on dude, you mean you don't like that dizzy feeling? Its such fun fun fun ;) (hehe I'm just thinking of the way you stood there for almost a full minute before you were able to move again) hey its not like I let go or anything :p a few more lessons and I'll make a pro out of ya.

Hey come on, you know I suffer from a rare case of insomnia, don't tease me now ;)

FAJITA: Good one :) wise words.

Hold on a sec, but I'm NOT worried, sheesh how come I aint married yet?

38: Good observation but I have no idea.

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cs. and you thought i was trying to regain my balence tell me who is the one who went right on dancing???

"hey its not like I let go or anything :p" once again tell me who exactly was it that stoped first ;p

anyway it was more like 10/15 sec. and i was trying out my theory which naturally did not work :(

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger C said...

Sux that u feel old....takes away from the enjoyment of life ;)

Here's hoping you feel better soon...

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

WIRES: Oysh I give up, you win, you're the pro :p next time maybe I should pay you hehehe.

CHAYA: Oldish not old, ya see if I was 24 and felt like I'm 42 that would be feling old, but being 24 and really feeling the age/stage is the oldish feeling.

Ya know sometimes it might be a good thing to feel oldish, and not to worry enjoyment of life was never my problem B"h, but thanks for the well-wishing either way.

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cs. now ya talkin

 
At 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talking from experience , it aint so bad.. being old, that is.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger C said...

OK, I guess you're right... though I don't know much about feeling my age... I'm convinced I'm still 16

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger the sabra said...

u are, chaya.
and grandma-you sound like u aint a day older than 29.
and cs, why u always tell me that i 'make u mishugeh' and you have to 'deal with me'? u don't think that it can hurt my feelings?

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sabra. if cs was out to hurt you then you'd have a point but after all its all done in good humor ;p

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger the sabra said...

lame
ill wait to hear what the shaigitz has to say.
on second thought, i doubt i wanna hear it...

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger C said...

Thanks sab...finally, no pressure from someone ;)
long time no speak btw... :(

 
At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sabra. lame perhaps but then sometimes (though not very often :) i do respect other's wishes and moderate my language

as to whether it can hurt your feelings men tend to suppress their feelings and don’t necessarily (read always) think whether they word s/t this way or that way if it will hurt your feelings
(which is y i said in short that he's not out to hurt you)

 
At 4:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wires-
you cs's lawyer?

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

"u don't think that it can hurt my feelings?"

Sabra, IF I did offend you or hurt your feelings in any way... I humbly and sincerely apologize.

Its just me and my sarcastic humor...

"on second thought, i doubt i wanna hear it..."

As I'm sure it is by you.

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anon. nope its just the classic case of you scrach my back and i'll scrach yours though i'm not sure cs. realizes that yet ;)

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

somehow i never saw him scratch yours..

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anon. no no you dont get it he didnt do it yet though he's going to have to big time ;p

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger the sabra said...

ya ya no worries, cs.
but ya know, u can just use a number instead of thinkin of a new 'sabra drives me mishug' line every time.

good shabbos :)

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger the sabra said...

and wires, pipe.

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wires,pipes....
very good, do tissues fit in that category too?

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger the sabra said...

LOLLLLLLLL
(and hey! i gotta have a word with you!)

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sabra. pipe? am i having some type of compition here :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home