Thursday, May 03, 2007

If this makes sense, then something went wrong.

Sometimes I just want to scream. screaming looks like such fun, why should only angry and upset people get to do it? I mean like how cool would it be if we had 1 or 2 minutes each day designated for screaming time, whether you are frustrated or not, two minutes each day you get/have to scream at the top of your lungs… Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ever wanna yell and scream just because you have nothing to yell about?



Anyhow, a lot of nothing has been going on…

Lets start with 3 days ago (Monday) I stayed up late with a friend and ended up going to sleep at 5 am (I know, Kinda early for me but hey I was kinda tipsy) anyhow the next day (yesterday) starts 3 hours later with my dad waking me up and telling me he has a job for me substituting in OT subbing for 3rd graders, I was so tired I agreed to do it…

Ya know its kind of funny ‘cuz I always say this line “my grandfather A’h was a teacher, my father is a teacher, and my brother-in-law is a teacher as well and yet I say the only way I would ever work in an educational institute would be maybe, maybe as a janitor” ;)

Anyhow so there I was 9 in the morning after 3 hours sleep babysitting a bunch of 9 y/o 3rd graders, what sucked the most was that I had no warning whatsoever (not like anyone told me about it the night before, and thus no time to prepare anything) and so there I was stuck with a bunch of loony pishers doing my best to entertain them, and holding myself back as much as possible from smacking each one (not all, but some) of them brats right across the face.

Oysh, lets put it his way, during the breaks (thank g-d for recess, ya know now that I got to be the rebbi, the question dawned on me, who actually enjoys/needs the breaks more, the students or the teachers?) I walked into the teachers lounge and started schmoozing with some of the rabbei’im, most of our small talk went something like this: Them “so you’re subbing huh? Me; “yups, any tips?” Them: “Nopes none really just got luck and remember this is payback for all your childhood days when you tormented the sub’s…” 

B”H I survived the day subbing, thank g-d again for EXTRA recess and story telling. Truth be told it wasn’t THAT bad, although I must admit that what realy got me through the day was that in my mind every hour I’d make a mental cash register noise of ” Chaching” and calculate the money per hour in my mind… Talk about motivation.

Hey here's a joke from from my sister Chany AKA Chananya AKA Chana Anyah (dont ask)

The children had all been photographed, and the teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture.

"Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up a nd say, 'There's Jennifer, she's a lawyer,' or 'That's Michael, He's a doctor.'

A small voice at the back of the room rang out, "And there's the teacher; she's dead."

*************************************************


Pricelines latest competition, FedEx.

That's my bro Shmuly AKA Sammy AKA "with Sam B it's a Guarantee" (again don't ask) in the mailbox acting nutty with some other dude. Captions anyone?

************************************************

Two shidduch Q's that came up in a recent conversation.

1. When it comes to shidduchim are parents more picky by their A. Sons B. Daughters.

2. If a name came up for you regarding a shidduch and you didn’t end up going out with that person (for any simple random reason) and then that person gets enagaged, that means that even if you would have gone out with that person it would never have worked out ‘cuz obviously that person was meant for someone else. True or false?

14 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger the sabra said...

1 sons

 
At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fewer words=more toichen

(flattered twas a tease though)

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://images.allposters.com/images/145/HR0152.jpg

i think it means that, being the person who didnt go out with them, you werent meant to marry them (whereas if you had gone out with them you would be a different person and maybe you would have married them).
or it means that you werent supposed to marry them but by not going out you missed out on whatever you were meant to learn/experience from that date and now it will have to happen through different means..
or maybe it means you werent meant to marry that person but your whole challenge/experience/growth was supposed to come from you refusing that date and you passed that with flying colors and now you'll get married to the right person..
or maybe.. i have no idea :)

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Sara with NO H said...

you do know fedex picks up your packages, right?

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

SAB: I agree.

EASILY: Go back to the beginning of the post where it says " If this makes sense, then something went wrong." Maybe next post...

MOOKIE: Funky pic.

Thanks for making it more complicated ;) yet somehow I understand what you're saying.

SARA: lol.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger C said...

Hehe, CS a teacher....they prob liked u

Question #2:
I was at a learning session with Rabbi M Friedman. Someone asked, "How do you know if they guy you married is your bashert?" He answered, "If he's standing next to you under the chuppah, it's bashert."

It gives us a new insight into Hashgacha Pratis. So many times we think that we control the world, but the fact is that we are really just puppets. G-d is pulling the strings. We have to trust that He manipulated us the way it was meant to be.

Soooo.. my answer is TRUE

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so how many times didja have the wonderful kinderlach scream their ... off ;)

 
At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A)Where is your bro being shipped off to? How much was the cost? and how long did it take?

An grand idea is forming in my head...

B) oh so you were the sub. of my pisher...very interesant...

 
At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur daddy teaches in oglie rorah??? whats hs name

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

CHAYA: They probably did, but then again all kids LOVE substitutes.

Nice words of wisdom and thanks for sharing. But on the other hand, what about the fact that people have more then one bashert, so that person COULD have been one of them, no?

WIRES: Ha, the real Q you should be asking is how many times did the unprepared chasidishe shaigitz scream his head off ;)

AMOM: A) Bro was in Florida for pesach. Shliach paid for him, but he worked his tush off. Not long enough, he's back home now and staying in my room (for quite some time now) until they finish the upstairs and he gets his room back.

Grand idea? Hesitant to find out what you have in mind, but feel free to fill me in.

B. Your little pisher? Was he the one that kept on nagging me and driving me nuts ;) (no wait, that was all of them)

Even more interesant was the fact that I'm pretty sure you live in cali, unless I've got more then one blog mommy.

ANON: Oglie rorah? Sounds kinda harsh, I actually enjoyed my time there as a kid.

So you comment anonymously yet you expect ME to give out my name? Where’s the fairness in that :(

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cs. thats no Q im pretty sure u didnt stop ;p

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was referring to ur comment-'its a tease to...'

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger chana said...

1. a
2. true

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2. i'm a natural pessimist, so i say FALSE! but hey, i'm also usually wrong.

:P

(this good? i kept it nice and convincing)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home