Thursday, September 14, 2006



Keyboard Life.

Kindly note: I’m not a computer genius and so my keyboard knowledge is limited, though I am painfully aware that for some reason my keyboard is missing a ANY key (yes I know, old joke) so feel free to key in any more keys. So Pun-E :p

Imagine, if life was like a Computer Keyboard…

Any time you accidentally do something or say something wrong, for example if anytime you might have said something really stupid in front of a lot of people or if you have ever spaced out while walking down a busy street and tripped and fell (not that it actually happened to me, these are just examples ;) you can either press Backspace which will allow you to step back a short period in time (depending on how many times you click it) and rectify the situation, or option B. Just highlight that certain period of time and Delete it, which will then cause that memory to disappear from your life and remain in a trash/recycle bin(hey we got to learn from our mistakes somehow) of course there is always the option of emptying the recycle bin and deleting it permanently from your memory, never to haunt you again.

For some special situations where things just get out of control the Escape key will be available for a quick getaway, and if you happen to be in such a mess that even the escape isn’t working hitting the Power button and shutting down the system is always an option (and it is highly recommended that you wait a little while before restarting…)

If however you happen to be in a situation where you are at a loss of action or words, for example, ever in class and your teacher “unexpectedly” calls on you for an answer, or for all married men, when your wife asks you one of the trick questions, well the solution would be to quickly hit the Pause key and take time to think over what the right move/answer would be, if you figure out the solution then go ahead and hit Resume, otherwise be prepared to hit Backspace or Delete



If you ever end up in a “Been there, done that” situation, or if your dear grandmother’s off switch is broken again and she is beginning to remind you of a broken radio, then the perfect solution for this case would be to click the Space bar and skip ahead as much as needed, the Tab key is also an option for skipping through whole paragraphs as fast as possible, hey think about it no more having to deal with that long line at the shopping center, just hit Tab and your already checked out!

Of course if you truly have been there and done that, then you can always Copy and Paste… get it right the first time and never have to worry about getting it right again.

One of my personal favorites in the Volume control, for me it would apply when waking up with a hangover and a splitting headache, ya know it seems like everyone is yelling for some reason, simply lower the volume and all is well, my second reason for really liking this one is so that I would finally be able to do something about that new guy sitting on my table in (770) Beis medrash who is in the habit of screaming across the table to his study partner, while I sit next to him with popping eardrums (and trying to outdo his yelling so My chavrusa can hear ME.) Volume up, volume down, oh the scenarios are endless, what would you do with such an option?

I'm sure I dont need to write much about the Mute key ;)

Ever wake up on a cloudy and start getting all depressed over the weather? No problem just find the Brightness control, pick it up a few notches, and watch the sun come up, Ah the brightness control a sure way to brighten your day.

If you ever find yourself having to repeat yourself a hundred times, or just having a hard time getting your point across, well then, the Caps key is what you need, all your statements will come out capitalized, I know my mom would love this one.

I haven’t quite figured out the Alt Cntl Deleteoption, but I know that when things aren’t going right and I have no idea why, those 3 keys somehow lead to a solution.

That’s it for now folks, its 2;30 in the morning and I had a busy day, I think I’ll turn to Standby mode and eventually, hopefully, Sleep mode will come along, or maybe I’ll just take time to think of next post while I Hibernate.

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

System idle

12 Comments:

At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch the movie Click, with Adam Sandler and Christopher Walken

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Sara with NO H said...

I think that these things would definitely come in handy from time to time, but I think if everyone had the ability to just change things then we'd be pretty screwed up. Give this a thought...
Say that terrorists would have the chance to pause everyone while they planned.
I mean it doesn't just go for terrorists. I'm not big on politics at all. I just mean that there are so many bad people in the world that would just use it to destroy us. And too many miserable people at that lol.
Happiness is living to the fullest and not forgetting anything.
p.s. I slept about 2:00, too.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Cute post life would be too easy with those options. So we end up suffering when we mess up.

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This would make life too easy. And I equate easy with boring.

As far as evil people having this same ability is concerned, same as with every new technology that comes out, they pass new laws and create new police departments to keep it under control. Thats just what we need, the government will then have complete control over our lives.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

G: Watched it. Good movie.

SARA: "Say that terrorists would have the chance to pause everyone while they planned."

Sure but then I would just hit backspace and kill them before THEY can hit backspace...

So there, come on Sara, try to be positive.

SOCIAL: "life would be too easy with those options"

So? What’s wrong with that???

Yeh, Yeh, I know , life in meant to be a challenge, but come on we all cheat once in a while and take the easy way out...

G: Nothing is boring, and I'm good at nothing :p

LOL about the government, I thought you figured out a solution for it, until the government control part came up, I'll bet they’d tax us for every click.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Sara with NO H said...

lol was like a na na na na na na? I was just trying to make conversation. damnit..

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about the INSERT key, to add happy memories and good times in your life.

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The biggest problem with living in a computer environment is when it starts crashing, and nothing workes as it should. (as in music skipping, people droping your laptop, etc.)

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Pre-K @ Cheder Chabad said...

g: ya click, i almost cried and i never cry i had a tear(almost)
but your computer in the begining comic is prob female

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

SARA: (No H! :) Hey if that’s what you were trying to do then it worked, good job.

ANON: Good one, I wonder what the HOME key does?

G: Ahem! My laptop is officially busted now... Problems with the hard drive due to THE fall (That’s what Motti tells me) :(

PENNIE: I hope you managed to laugh a little in between the (almost) crying.

Computer female, I agree, remember you said it, not me.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Faye Spalter said...

i would do anything for that backsace thing...

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Faye Spalter said...

i meant backspace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home