Thursday, October 05, 2006

ARE YOU READY TO HAVE CHILDREN?

MESS TEST
Smear peanut butter on the sofa and curtains. Now rub your hands in the wet flower bed and rub on the walls. Place a fish stick behind the couch and leave it there all summer. Obtain a 55-gallon box of Legos. (If Legos are not available, you may substitute roofing tacks or broken bottles.) Have a friend spread them all over the house. Put on a blindfold. Try to walk to the bathroom or kitchen. Do not scream (this could wake a child at night).

GROCERY STORE TEST
Borrow one or two small animals (goats are best) and take them with you as you shop at the grocery store. Always keep them in sight and pay for anything they eat or damage.

DRESSING TEST
Obtain one large, unhappy, live octopus. Stuff into a small net bag making sure that all arms stay inside.

FEEDING TEST
Obtain a large plastic milk jug. Fill halfway with water. Suspend from the ceiling with a stout cord. Start the jug swinging. Try to insert spoonfuls of soggy cereal (such as Fruit Loops or Cheerios) into the mouth of the jug while pretending to be an airplane. Now dump the contents of the jug on the floor.

NIGHT TEST
Prepare by obtaining a small cloth bag and fill it with 8 to 12 pounds of sand. Soak it thoroughly in water. At 8:00 PM begin to waltz and hum with the bag until 9:00 PM. Lay down your bag and set your alarm for 10:00 PM. Get up, pick up your bag, and sing every song you have ever heard. Make up about a dozen more and sing these too until 4:00 AM. Set alarm for 5:00 AM. Get up and make breakfast. Keep this up for 5 years. Look cheerful.

PHYSICAL TEST
Obtain a large bean-bag chair and attach it to the front of your clothes. Leave it there for 9 months. Now remove 10% of the beans. Purchase a newspaper. Go home and read it quietly for the last time.

FINAL ASSIGNMENT
Find a couple who already have a small child. Lecture them on how they can improve their child's discipline, patience, tolerance, toilet training, and table manners. Suggest many ways they can improve. Emphasize to them that they should never allow their children to run wild. Enjoy this experience. It will be the last time you will have all the answers.

29 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GDDDDDDDDDD
THESE ARE SO SO FUNNY!!
chasidishe shaigitz, how do you think of such funny posts??
i absolutely love this, its so true, so funny, so real, just so utterly fabulous.

anyone that has kids or who has spent sufficient time with em can relate COMPLETELY! yes!

cheers to cs! you rock!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Omg I am not ready I didn't pass the test and I have a 4 year old. Now what? ROFL

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger anonym00kie said...

im petrified
GREAT
how the heck do u know so much about kids?!
you couldnt leave me with my answers and criticisms and daydreams of perfectly behaved, clean kids?!
(fishsticks in the sofa?!)

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger anonym00kie said...

oh.. and youre hilarious :)

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL it's scary how true it all is, so how many kids are in YOUR family?

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger ggggg said...

cute

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

these tests are easy , its having a kid who stays up till daybreak on the comp... with beer on his breath ,now THAT would be difficult for me.... ;)

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger the sabra said...

this test should be a prerequisite for men wanting to enter into a marriage.

i really liked this one-i was even able to read the whole thing (keep em short, will ya?)

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget it thats nothing!! You should try living at my apartment at shushan for a week.. not to mention 2 years!!!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Mottel said...

cute . .

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Pre-K @ Cheder Chabad said...

sorry i wasnt as good as sabra i couldnt read the whole thing but i read the begining and end so its like i read i read thewhole thing from begining to end and omg, its soo right but ironically it make me excited to have kids rather than scare me, i guess i like adventure:)

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger ********************8 said...

thanks for the scare, I'd tottally flunk, so I guess you gotta feel bad for my future progeny ;)

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u forgot one crucial thing LOVE.
heck itll be hard but youll love your child to death...that should ease the pain...heres hoping:)

* the assesment part really takes the cake- funny and true*

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

SOMEONE: Ah the shoe luvin one strikes back! Your 00000 me ;)
Stop trying to give me credit when you know I did not make this one up.

This is no way teshuvah enough for...

SOCIAL: LOL

I'm sure your a great mom, from your blog it shows how much you care for and love your daughter, and in truth that’s all it takes :)

ANONYM00KIE: Petrified lol, reminds me of when my older sis got married and had her first kid, she would be walking around the house late at night holding the crying kid and Id offer to help, of course then next morning after I'd wake up late she would be like "So do you still want to get married anytime soon" after hearing her baby shrieking at 4 in the morning I decided to give it some time and enjoy my single life.

"perfectly behaved, clean kids" Um cuz they don’t exist ;)

Thanks Btw but I didn’t make this one up I came across it on some humor website a while ago and found lying around in my documents...

DG: 12 kids in my family, I'll have to write up a post about that one day.

LAKEWOOD: Thanks and welcome.

AMOM: ROFL!

SABRA: More like a prerequisite for women... I'll stop right there.

Hope you don’t expect us guys to deal with the "Physical test" part as well.

Mazal tov on reading the whole thing. stop complaining :p

NICEGUY, Thank you and your welcome!

JEMINA3: Good point :)

ANON: Ummm are you bragging? ;p Sorry I obviously have never seen your apartment, but I'm sure I have a few friends who can compete with you for bragging rights.

MOTTEL: Gracias.

PENNIE: What, it wasn’t even that long :( LOL, adventure of a lifetime.

RELUCTANT: Take your time, sorry for scaring ya. Hehe guess your progeny isnt coming anytime in the near future

ANON: I didn’t forget, the author did, (read my reply to Social)
Nice way to put it though, ease the pain, lol, or as I say, it’s a lucky thing G-d made little kids so cute…

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Kind of reminds me of the days when I used to work in a baby room...
As we all know these tests are just brushing the surface. Once you pass those you can move onto a smell test, an endurance test, a hearing test, etc. :)

 
At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, cuz my friend said something completely different...

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a good one, gotta hand it to ya :)

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

LOL!
They just keep getting better!


But how come everyone else I know has perfect kids?

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

INTRANSIT: LOL! No way I'm taking the smell test.

SHOELOVER: ARGHHHHHHH! You know your gonna get it.

JEWISH: G;ad you enjoyed.

FOOTCH: Wish I can take credit for it, I only found it.

KASAMBA: LOL you only think their perfect...

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Faye Spalter said...

I wonder...is your goal in life to stop people from getting married and having kids? cuz anyone who reads your blog starts having second thoughts!!!! but i realy liked this one!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

LOL SuperS C"V I would never try to do something like that, just wanna let people make sure they are good and ready, or at least to know what to expect ;)

 
At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUPERS: just the truth!

 
At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

get it?
get what?
children?
tests?
huh?
please be more specific.
thank you

(ducks)

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Faye Spalter said...

sounds good! i htink by reading your blog i am officially ready...right?

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

LOL SuperS, I dont know about actually using my blog as confirmation ;)

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Faye Spalter said...

gotcha, so basically i should give it 2 yrs?

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

Um maybe, ya know, take your time, finish high school first :p and maybe even get your bro moving ;)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Faye Spalter said...

i think i might need your help with the lattter.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Faye Spalter said...

o yea and finish high school is only 9 months!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home