Tuesday, October 10, 2006


Been trying to hold back a bit from the man/woman posts, but I found these recently and was too tempted to pass. Enjoy if you can :)

Words Women Use

"Fine" This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

"Five Minutes" If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

"Nothing" This is the calm before the storm. This means "Something" and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with "Nothing" usually end in "Fine".

"Go Ahead" This is a dare, not permission, DON'T DO IT!

"Loud Sigh" Although not actually a word, the loud sigh is often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing".

"That's Okay" This is one of the most dangerous statements that woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

"Thanks" This is the least used of all words in the female vocabulary. If a woman is thanking you, do not question it, just say you're welcome and back out of the room slowly.



Common Questions asked by Women

1. What are you thinking about?
2. Do you love me?
3. Do I look fat in this?
4. Do you think she is prettier than me?
5. What would you do if I died?

What makes these questions so difficult is that every one is guaranteed to explode into a major argument if the man answers incorrectly (i.e., tells the truth). Therefore, as apublic service, each question is analyzed below, along with possible responses.

Question #1: What are you thinking about? The proper answer to this, of course, is: " I'm sorry if I've been pensive, dear. I was just reflecting on what a warm, wonderful, thoughtful, caring, intelligent woman you are, and how lucky I am to have met you."
This response obviously bears no resemblance to the true answer, which most likely is one of the following:
a. Football.
b. Golf.
c. How fat you are.
d. How much prettier she is than you.
e. How I would spend the insurance money if you died.

Perhaps the best response to this question was offered by Al Bundy, who once told Peg, "If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking to you!"

Question #2: Do you love me? The proper response is: "YES!" or, if you feel a more detailed answer is in order, "Yes, dear."
Inappropriate responses include:
a. Oh Yeah, sh@*-loads.
b. Would it make you feel better if I said yes?
c. That depends on what you mean by love.
d. Does it matter?
e. Who, me?

Question #3: Do I look fat? The correct answer is an emphatic: "Of course not!" Among the incorrect answers are:
a. Compared to what?
b. I wouldn't call you fat, but you're not exactly thin.
c. A little extra weight looks good on you.
d. I've seen fatter.
e. Sorry what did you say? I was just thinking about how I would spend the insurance money if you died.

Question #4: Do you think she's prettier than me? Once again, the proper response is an emphatic: "Of course not!" Incorrect responses include:
a. Yes, but you have a better personality
b. Not prettier, but definitely thinner
c. Not as pretty as you when you were her age
d. Define pretty
e. Sorry what did you say ? I was just thinking about how I would spend the insurance money if you died.

Question #5: What would you do if I died? A definite no-win question.(The real answer, of course, is "Buy a Lotus and a Boat").
No matter how you answer this, be prepared for at least an
hour of follow-up questions, usually along the these lines:

WOMAN: Would you get married again?
MAN: Definitely not!
WOMAN: Why not - don't you like being married?
MAN: Of course I do.
WOMAN: Then why wouldn't you remarry?
MAN: Okay, I'd get married again.
WOMAN: You would? (with a hurtful look on her face)
MAN: (makes audible groan)
WOMAN: Would you sleep with her in our bed?
MAN: Where else would we sleep?
WOMAN: Would you put away my pictures, and replace them with pictures of her?
MAN: That would seem like the proper thing to do.
WOMAN: And would you let her use my golf clubs?
MAN: She can't use them; she's left-handed.
WOMAN: - - - silence - - -
MAN: Sh&%.

21 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger Dovid said...

Dude, you had me in birthday stitches. Shkoyach.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger the sabra said...

im sure hes payin for the surgery...

great knife block (do they come in 'real'?)

o and what about that genie joke with understanding women and the bridge...

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a woman, I find this post extremely offensive yet hilariously funny. The insurance money thing is a bit overused, but good stuff!

 
At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

birthday stitches???

good stuff. the Shaigitz does it again.

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

DOVID: As G asked "Birthday Stitches"? If that means that you like, then me glad :)

SABRA: LOL I'm sure he is.

Hehe G-d I hope they don’t come in real life.

Don’t recall that joke, please share.

ANON: Sorry for the offensive but as you yourself said it was kinda funny ;) I agree regarding the insurance thingy, was thinking of editing and adding my own line, but was in a rush so I left it as it was.

G: L'chaim :)

 
At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Husbands only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy.
One is to let her think she is having her way, and the other is to let her have it."

"Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too." :P

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger the sabra said...

A man was walking along a California beach and stumbled across an old lamp. He picked it up and rubbed it and out popped a genie (surprise, huh?).

The genie said "OK, OK. You released me from the lamp, blah blah blah. This is the fourth time this month and I'm getting a little sick of these wishes so you can forget about three. You only get one wish!"

The man sat and thought about it for a while and said, "I've always wanted to go to Hawaii but I'm scared to fly and I get very seasick. Could you build me a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over there to visit?"

The genie laughed and said, "That's impossible. Think of the logistics of that! How would the supports ever reach the bottom of the Pacific? Think of how much concrete...how much steel!! No-think of another wish."

The man said OK and tried to think of a really good wish. Finally, he said, "I've been married and divorced four times. My wives always said that I don't care and that I'm insensitive. So, I wish that I could understand women.... know how they feel inside and what they're thinking when they give me the silent treatment.... know why they're crying, know what they really want when they say 'nothing'.... know how to make them truly happy...."

The genie said, "So, that bridge-you wanted two lanes or four?"

 
At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, good one chava

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger JB said...

G-d I love your blog! Dont ever stop please :)

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CS - i gotta admit those were good, now how about some jokes making fun of men

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read the first lines.. and smiled at the truth of it all.

i read some more.. and realized i'm not the only insane lady

i read some more..and thought men must be so... stupid if they read snipets like this, we tell them it's the way to respond, and yet they still don't say the correct thing!!!

I swear-that's all true. and any woman that might've been offended- well beauties- the truth hurts ;)

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

SABRA: LOL! Good one :)

JB: Thank you, will do my best to keep it up.

DG: Gracias, I'll see what I can find for ya.

WOMEN: "we tell them it's the way to respond, and yet they still don't say the correct thing!!!"

LOL good point...

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger anonym00kie said...

i hate how true all this is.. :)

women of the world is right tho.. CMON GUYS u know the drill.. how do u keep messing up?!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Hysterical you sure you aren't married? You know too much about women not to be ROFL.

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Dindel said...

your a tripper.

I'm off to see the wizard.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Faye Spalter said...

ok, very funny. kudos for holding back for so long but....NOBODY ASKS THE "DO I LOOK FAT IN THIS ANYMORE"!!!!! well maybe they do but they know they sounds stupid.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger kasamba said...

I'm throwing up laughing!!!!!

I'm making Sheva Brochos soon- I'm going to use this!!!Thanks!

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SuperS: Do you realy think the other questions sound any less stupid?

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger the only way i know said...

heard em before
always funny!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Faye Spalter said...

not really. but that one is getting really overused.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

ANONYM00KIE: Me too, and I'm a guy ;)

SOCIAL: As was quoted before "Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too." ;)

DINDEL: LOL Nice of you to visit, enjoy Israel :)

SUPERS: I tried... Sounds stupid, so why ask!

KASAMBA: Glad you enjoyed, G'luck with the sheva brochos.

G: Let’s try to be nice.

THEONLYWAY: As you said.

SUPERS: I definitely agree with the last part.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home