Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Toronto was awesome, had a really chilled time there, looking forward to G’s wedding when I’ll be going back there for almost a week to be his Shomer (Guard duty ;)

Went out motzey shabbos with some peeps to chill in a blues bar (who woulda thunk) in downtown toronto called Grossmans (again who woulda thunked) the band was cool and the beer was plenty ;) they played one song that I really liked and after they were done I asked the singer dude if he can e-mail me the lyrics, which surprisingly enough he actually did...

DON`T BE SAD

Don`t be sad and lonely, run off by yourself
Don`t think you`re the only one
Who`s life`s been put to the test
What you lost you never had
For what you`ve got you should be glad
Don`t be alone, we`re in your corner
Restart your life, get things in order

“Chorus”

Don`t be sad and lonely
You`ve got friends by your side
Don`t be sad and lonely
Have the will to survive

“Guitar solo”

Time spent alone, was hard I know
Turn it around, take the time to grow
Stay in touch, don`t fade away
Turn your sights on a brand new day

“Chorus”

“Organ solo”

What you lost you never had
For what you`ve got you should be glad
Don`t be alone, we`re in your corner
Restart your life, get things in order

“Chorus”

***************************

Thanks to WIRES for sending me this one.

If you are sitting next to someone who irritates you on a plane - and let's be honest, we've all been there......

1. Quietly and calmly open up your laptop case.

2. Remove your laptop.

3. Boot it up.

4. Make sure the guy who won't leave you alone can see the screen.

5. Open this message.

6. Close your eyes start mumbling under your breath and tilt your head up to the sky.

7. Then hit this LINK

****************************

Was at a Farbi last night (Yud Shvat) after most of the guys had already left, it was basically just me and the Rabbi/Mashpia (aside for the one guy sleeping on the couch) and we were speaking on the topic of Chasidish marriage/children…

CS: “So tell me Rabbi, what kind of girl do you see me marrying? ‘Cuz my parents think… and I think... So, what do you think?”

Rabbi: “Well I can understand your parents… and I definitely understand you… I think you should look for… such and such kind of girl… basically what I would call a “CHASIDISH SHIKTZA”.

CS: =:o

Sitting open mouthed in shock for about 10 seconds and then cracking up laughing.

I then confirmed that rabbi had actually no idea of my blog identity (and went on to explain what a blog is and why I had found what he said before so funny.) Oh yeah and so that is how (after a long absence of one) I now have a new mashpia. Mazal tov.

Waiting for my Chasidishe Shiktza,
Chasidishe Shaigitz.

14 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how utterly insightful of your (brand new) mashpia. pretty neat.

good luck finding your intended one.

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Dovid said...

Chasidishe shiktzeh, eh? I'm laughing!

And dude, what is it with you and sappy lyrics?

 
At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cs. much success with your search for the right Chasidishe Shiktza
ps. bout that credit u kinda messed me up ;)

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger kasamba said...

What a perfect girl for you!

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hysterical

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger C said...

Hehe-lovin the link, but the farby story is great!!! Good laughs.

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kri and ksiv SHIKSA (no tz)

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh then yu have the same initials, neat! and she better appreciate your sense of humor.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

CS: Truly so!

Thanks for the luck.

DOVID: ;)

Sappy lyrics eh? Oh you!

WIRES: Thanks dude, so ya think I should start looking or just continue waiting ;)

P.S. How did I mess you up?

KASAMBA: Matchmaker matchmaker make me a match LALALALA

I don't know why but for some wacky reason your site link on my blog which has always worked till now ain't working anymore :(

ANON: Yups

CHAYA: Glad you liked.

BLOGMENTOR: Hey if I can be the ShaigiTZ Then she can be the ShikTZa, more in common ya know.

SARITA: You noticed :) just imagine the wedding invitation ;)

"and she better appreciate your sense of humor" Amen!

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my , you can already print them!
oh no the date, oh well.

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

once a guard , always a guard..

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

SARITA: LOL :) So I guess so far I've got the name and even the invitations, Hmmm, thing is I haven't gone on a (single) date yet... think that will be a problem?

ZACH: HAHAHA! Got me there ;)

I recently got a offer to do exodus again only this time in cali! Unfortunately it doesn't seem like its possible for me right now :(

 
At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww too bad , lots of shiksa's there, chasidishe ones ..

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger the sabra said...

and the best part is you have no idea just how funny...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home