Sunday, June 11, 2006

Understanding Men


Men are simple things.
They can survive a whole
weekend with only three things:
Beer, boxer shorts and batteries
for the remote control.


What men say and what they actually mean . . .

•"I'M GOING FISHING" Means: "I'm going to drink myself dangerously stupid, and stand by a stream with a stick in my hand, while the fish swim by in complete safety."

•"IT'S A GUY THING" Means: "There is no rational thought pattern connected with it, and you have no chance at all of making it logical."

•"THAT’S WOMENS WORK" Means, "It's dirty, difficult and thankless.”

•"WILL YOU MARRY ME?" Means, "Both my roommates have moved out, I can't find the washer, and there is no more peanut butter."

•"I’M GETTING MORE EXERCISE LATELY," Means, "The batteries in the remote are dead."

•"CAN I HELP WITH DINNER?" Means: "Why isn't it already on the table?"

•"UH HUH," "SURE, HONEY," OR
•"YES, DEAR..." Means: Absolutely nothing. It's a conditioned response.

•"IT WOULD TAKE TOO LONG TO EXPLAIN" Means: "I have no idea how it works."

•"TAKE A BREAK HONEY, YOU'RE WORKING TOO HARD". Means: "I can't hear the game over the vacuum cleaner."

•"THAT'S INTERESTING, DEAR." Means: "Are you still talking?"

•"YOU KNOW HOW BAD MY MEMORY IS." Means: "I remember the theme song to 'F-Troop', the address of the first girl I ever kissed, and the vehicle identification numbers of every car I've ever owned, but I forgot your birthday."

•"I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU, AND GOT YOU THESE ROSES". Means: "Something is wrong, followed by “Honey you won’t believe what happened...."

•"I MISSED YOU," Means, "I can't find my sock drawer, the kids are hungry and we are out of toilet paper."

•"OH, DON'T FUSS, I JUST CUT MYSELF, IT'S NO BIG DEAL." Means: "I have actually severed a limb, but will bleed to death before I admit that I'm hurt."

•"HEY, I'VE GOT MY REASONS FOR WHAT I'M DOING." Means: "And I sure hope I think of some pretty soon."

•"I CAN'T FIND IT." Means: "It didn't fall into my outstretched hands, so I'm completely clueless."
•"WHAT DID I DO THIS TIME?" Means: "What did you catch me at?"

•"I HEARD YOU." Means: "I haven't the foggiest clue what you just said, and am hoping desperately that I can fake it well enough so that you don't spend the next 3 days yelling at me."

•"YOU KNOW I COULD NEVER LOVE ANYONE ELSE." Means: "I am used to the way you yell at me, and realize it could be worse."

•"YOU LOOK TERRIFIC." Means: "Please don't try on one more outfit, I'm starving."

"HONEY, WE DON’T NEED MATERIAL THINGS TO PROVE OUR LOVE," Means, "I forgot our anniversary again."

•"IT’S A REALY GOOD MOVIE" Means, "It's got guns, knives, fast cars, and naked women."

•"I DON’T NEED TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS," Means, "I am perfectly capable of screwing it up without printed help."

•"I'M NOT LOST. I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE WE ARE." Means: "No one will ever see us alive again."

•"WE’RE GOING TO BE LATE," Means, "Now I have a legitimate excuse to drive like a maniac."

•"I DO HELP AROUND THE HOUSE," Means, "I once threw a dirty towel near the laundry basket."

•"WE SHARE THE HOUSEWORK." Means: "I make the messes, she cleans them up."

IN A WOMEN'S WORLD.

9 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

How do find this stuff?
It's incredible!!!
Thanks for the laughs!

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger JB said...

Someone sent me this, and I just had to share it :)

Its a lil long (sorry Sabra ;)) but a perfect addition to this post - Enjoy ;)


Mens Rules for Women

We keep getting all these, "rules from the woman's side", emails so we figured it was time for a "rules from the man's side" email. These are our rules! Learn them, memorize them and use them!

Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us whining about you leaving it down.

Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

Saturday = Sports

Crying is blackmail.

Ask for what you want. Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

We don't remember dates. Mark them on a calendar and remind us frequently.

Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

Check your oil! Please.

Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact all comments become null and void after 7 days.

If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We refuse to answer that question anymore.

If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

Let us look. It doesn't hurt anyone, to look. And for us, its genetic.

Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

ALL men see in only 16 colours. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a colour. We have no idea what mauve is.

We are not mind readers and we never will be.

If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will believe you.

When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine.

You have enough clothes.

You have too many shoes.

It is neither in your best interest or ours to take any quiz together. No, it doesn't matter which quiz.

BEER is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know we really don't mind that, it's like camping.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Faye Spalter said...

Very funny, i'll keep that in mind in the future;)

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! this is so encouraging for us women!!!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

KASAMBA: Thanks, and glad you enjoyed em, sorry but I refuse to answer the Q of where I get this stuff from, its been asked to many times and its driving me nuts :)

JB: LOL! I have seen that list before and Im still laughing over it:) Thanks for posting.

SUPERS: Sure;) remember men really are quite simple, women make us complicated :p

ANON: Hey I try to keep it fair and balanced...

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger the sabra said...

readin this outta respect for ur courtesy to my attention span...good thing i laughed when readin (hence, not a COMPLETE time waster)...jb you are just o so incredibly considerate, arent you?...love the first pic and i have but one question for ya, shaigitz-

where do you get these things from???





STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM! (dont shoot!)

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

You made me laugh. I love this kind of humor.

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marrige is a three ring circus first engament ring then wedding ring,and then suffering.
Marrige is like two sides of a coin you stay together but you cant face each other
Marrige is like a tea bag first it makes sence than your in hot water than you realize there are strings attached

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger C said...

point proven

 

Post a Comment

<< Home