Thursday, July 20, 2006

Summer time.


Hurray! Summer is here at last, and I can finally be out all I want, no cares, no coat, no cold, no worries!
“Oh that’s nice, but don’t forget not to stay in the sun to long, you don’t want to get sun-burnt or dehydrate, also beware of heat stroke and heat exhaustion, make sure you drink a lot of water and try not to run around to much. Be careful during those heavy thunderstorms, you don’t want to get struck by lightning G’D forbid! Oh and please remember to watch out for ticks, mosquitoes, bees, poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac… and don’t forget to mind you allergies…!”
Great! Only around 4 months left to winter when I can finally go out again!

ME: Ok, truthfully I LOVE SUMMER! All because I refuse to go upstate and prefer to remain behind in the city while the rest of my family packs up and heads out to camp etc. doesn’t mean I have anything against summer… Its simply that these days my idea of vacation has nothing to do with going to a upstate camp, and for all those who aren’t familiar with upstate NY that means leaving the comfort of your blessed air conditioned HOME in the city, and traveling to some mosquito infested place, which turns into a mud-pie after rain, just to live in some shack they call a bungalow, a place where the only 24/7 store is wal-mart, oh and before I forget my biggest annoyance with camp is I that B”h my family is quite large (12 kids) so why in the world would I want to spend my summer vacation time surrounded by not only 11 kids but rather close to 200 wild screaming campers???

So you see I chose to remain behind, with a house all for myself, while the rest of the family and other city people pack out, so I can enjoy the peace and quiet during the day, and of course I have plenty of friends in town, so there is always plenty to do at night, aside for the occasional beer party at my home. (MOM if you’re reading this, I’m only kidding, not to worry everything is ok, the house is still intact and neat as can be, and yes I’m still learning smicha with my chavrusa every day ;)

SNOWMAN SUMMER JOB


One summer evening during a violent thunderstorm a mother was tucking her small boy into bed. She was about to turn off the light when he asked with a tremor in his voice, "Mommy, will you sleep with me tonight?" The mother smiled and gave him a reassuring hug. "I can't dear," she said. "I have to sleep in Daddy's room."
A long silence was broken at last by a shaken little voice saying, "The big sissy."

Summer vacation was over and the teacher asked Little Billy about his family trip. "We visited my grandmother in Minneapolis, Minnesota."
The teacher asked, "Good, can you tell the class how you spell that?"
After careful thought, Little Johnny said, "Actually, we went to Ohio."

8 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Finally I was waiting for this post. I mean how many times can I read your same jokes over and over. I love little johny jokes they are so funny. Another funny one bites the dust thanks again for your entertainment. Yay I am the first, I always the daring one.

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger the sabra said...

seems as if i and little billy/johny think alike. i used to change the questions on tests if i couldnt answer them. it sometimes worked.


(wrote a LOOONG comment about the 'joke' where a child is chutzpadik to the parent and not only that, but she takes it all in stride, and that you would actually post sucha thing on your heilike website. but then i figured that we just have different standards...staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam)

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

regardless of many hazards of the summer, I love this season!
I feel better and there's much more to do.
Especially water fun!
About staying home, that's just my dream vacation! Easy and cheap, why can't my wife see that??
Thanks for the laughs!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Faye Spalter said...

it was like 120 degrees this week!!!! it was insane! anyway, enjoy the heat!

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

SOCIAL: My apologies for the lack of updates, summer is rather slow, and I'm finding it hard to post.
Glad your enjoying it all.

THE SABRA: Great way to cheat, change the questions, even I never thought of that idea.

(Stam I have no idea which post your talking about, please enlighten me.)

PRAG: True, true, I always liked hot more then cold, I can bear the humidity but I hate having to bundle up in the winter.
About the dream vacation... well thats married life, I guess :)

SUPERS: 120? with or without the humidity ;) Totaly enjoying the heat here in ny, flip flops and t-shirt are out of the closet, and I can finnaly dress like a "shlump" again.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Faye Spalter said...

with humidity! we do tons outdoors so we really feel the heat. anyway, we are going to do ropes course now!

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, if you realy hate the hot mesquito infested mudpie, why do u want to go camping?

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

Anon: I'm sure that even you understand that there is a BIG diffrence btw 2 months in a overnight camp/bungalow colony vs going on a road trip for a couple of days with some good friends...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home