Thursday, August 10, 2006


"I once wanted to become an atheist but I gave up . . . they have no holidays."

A young woman teacher with explains to her class of children that she is an atheist. She asks her class if they are atheists too.
Not really knowing what atheism is but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands explode into the air like fleshy fireworks. There is, however, one exception. A Jewish girl named Sara has not gone along with the crowd.
The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different.
"Because I'm not an atheist."
"Then," asks the teacher, "what are you?"
"I'm Jewish."
The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Sara why she is Jewish.
"Well, I was brought up knowing and loving God. My Mom is Jewish, and my Dad is Jewish, so I am Jewish."
The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your Mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?" A pause, and a smile. "Then," says Sara, "I'd be an atheist."

"Atheism: A Non-Prophet organization"



On New York's Upper West Side lived an assimilated Jew who was a militant atheist. But he sent his son to Trinity School because, despite its denominational roots, it’s a great school and completely secular. After a month, the boy comes home and says casually, “By the way Dad, do you know what ‘Trinity’ means? It means the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.”

The father can barely control his rage. He seizes his son by the shoulders and declares, “Danny, I’m going to tell you something now and I want you never to forget it. There is only one God. AND we don’t believe in Him!”

Prof: Tell me, son. Do you believe in G-d?
Student: Yes, professor, I do.
Prof: Science says you have 5 senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Have you ever seen G-d?
Student: No, sir.
Prof: Tell us if you have ever heard your G-d?
Student: No, sir.
Prof: Have you ever felt your G-d, tasted your G-d, smelt your G-d? Have you ever even had any sensory perception of God for that matter?
Student: No, sir. I'm afraid I haven't.
Prof: Yet you still believe in Him?
Student: Yes.
Prof: According to empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your G-d doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?
Student: Nothing. I only have my faith.
Prof: Yes, Faith. And that is the problem science has.
Student: Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor's brain?
(The class breaks out into laughter.)
Student: Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? ....No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

Me: You know it must be hard for females to be atheists, I mean imagine a girl not being able to exclaim "Oh my G-d" a thousand times a day!
Female: Oh my G-d, that is like so not true!

13 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Dovid said...

Nice. Is an Atheist battul b'shishim, or he oser b'mashehu?

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

Well that depends on what kind of clothing the atheist is wearing, if its hand-made italian or purple lable RL, then he would be a davar haroye L'hischabed... But if he wears simple banana republic or gap clothing then its battul B'roiv! :p

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Dovid said...

Very, very good. I'm impressed. :)

 
At 2:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cute

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Great ones as usual, very funny, I could always count on you for laughs.

 
At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so funny! oh, the irony.........

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

Thank you, Thank you all very much.

PGE: That last part I actualy thought up... But why bimbos? OMG is a integral part of the female language.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

found these two quotes.

“If a person wants to be atheistic it's his God-given right to be an atheist.”

“An atheist is a man who believes himself to be an accident”

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Faye Spalter said...

Did u hear what happened to the athiestic, dyslexic, insomniac?
he stayed up all night wondering if there really was a dog...

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

agnostic

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

Nice Faye, and good point anon, agnostic would be the right term.

"The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful and has nobody to thank"

A great atheist excuse "Dont blame me for being a atheist, G-d made me so"

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny stuff

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Mattel toy lifecycle Total soccer fraser http://www.liposuction2.info/Faceliftbrynmawr.html Probability of winning in craps

 

Post a Comment

<< Home