Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Happy hangover ;)



Simchas Torah was awesome! Ok well most of it was, aside for maybe those one or two (or three) occasions… First night (Shmini Atzeres) I had interesting time, went around to a bunch of sukkah farbi’s, and ended up doing Hakafos at 3 in the morning in 770. No, I wasn’t rolling on the floor drunk out of my mind, but I’m pretty sure I took a nasty fall that night, as that is the only reasonable explanation I can think of for the scrape on my forehead, the cut on my knee, and the reason my ribs are killing me right now :( (Thank G-d I’m not a “violent drunk” (Ewww) so I’m sure it wasn’t a fight) but I must have it my head pretty darn hard ‘cuz that’s the only thing I can’t remember from that night.

But that (saying L’chaim) was only the first night, the second night however, although I did say some L’chaim, there was just no way I even getting buzzed, it just wasn’t working! And fine, I’ll admit that it might have had something to do with one of my friends needing “slight” Hatzalah care and a second one being rushed to the hospital (Don’t even ask, yet B”h all is well with them now,) still I still did my best, went trough all the hakafos and tried to feel the joy of simchas torah as best as possible in my (drunkenly) sober state of mind, in truth, bottom line, it felt great, singing and dancing with friends, everyone together, oh I just cant explain it, but whoever made it to [770] shul (and bypassed all the “negatives” then you) would understand (and I hope you all do) the amazing feeling that I’m talking about… the joy of simchas torah.

By the time the last day rolled around I wasn’t even getting near alcohol, yes it turns out I’m not such a great alcoholic after all, bummer, so sober me prayed and danced soberly throughout the day, and yes it wasn’t easy watching all the guys saying L’chaim and jumping up and down, but I’m glad to say that didn’t keep me from dancing myself, and although I’m pretty sure some L’chaim would have done me good, I still definitely enjoyed this chag and G-d willing I always will enjoy it for what it is, A TIME TO REJOICE!

Best line’s of the chag

My mom after seeing the bruise on my head, asking me what the heck happened, and me telling her I have no clue how I got it “But CS, since when did you start drinking! Why you don’t know the first thing about alcohol! You’re not a drinker!” Thank you Ma, I love you.

Levite washing a Kohen’s hand for Birchas Kohanim:
Kohen “Dude come on I gotta rush, you don’t have to pour so much water over my hands ya know”
Levite “hey listen buddy I don’t tell you how to do your blessings, so you don’t tell me how to wash your hands!”

16 Comments:

At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, so ya, you are funny.

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

AMOM! AT 5 in the morning!

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger the sabra said...

hehe, no patience to read the whole thing. skipped to the last paragraphs and ya i agree with mom over there-funny funny.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

who knew Lubavitchers had a second Purim?
:)

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a) moms can be up at any time they want to, unlike young guys.... winkwink and
b) chuchum - diff. time zone as you.

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and c) no copying mama

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger anonym00kie said...

i feel claustrophobic just looking at that picture..


but maybe secretly i kinda envy you guys..

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Cool pic makes me dizzy, glad you had fun.

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the levite could annoy the cohen for if he remembers him while saying the blessing's he gets special blessing even though (like billam) the cohen is thinking negetive he is saying positive

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

Ah, you're still your mom's little boy!!!!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

SABRA: Oysh, sorry for starting that again. GAL ;)

PRAG: Was wondering if its only Chabad that says L'chaim simchas torah or do other as well?
Either way I do believe that the simchas torah hakafos in 770 are like no other place in the world, really amazing.

AMOM: A. Dont mom's have responsibilities? B. yeh I kinda figured D. LOL Guess I was in shock that didnt reprimand the drinking at all, didn't know what else to say :O

ANONYM00KIE: Well yeh, it is allot of people, and squishy as Heck, but well worth it!

SOCIAL: Yeh find it kind of overwhelming, hakafos is the dizzy part.

ALEVITE: LOL Good point! Reminds me of that time a levi was washing my hands for birchas kohanim and got my sleeves all wet, said he was sorry and then remarked with a grin "Now I can be sure that you will be thinking about me during the blessings" smart guy.

KASAMBA: Hehe ;)

Yet being the oldest boy in my fam' I wouldnt call myself the little one, besides I must have been taller then my mom since I was around 14 or so.

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

simchas torah , i allow some drinking

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger C said...

good story..inspiring for those of us that didnt get as much out of yom tov as we would have liked ;)
like the levite line

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great line to use for the next Cohen I wash. I am always careful to remind fellow Priests to "tip their Levi!"

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

crown heights must be jumping on simchat torah!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Jo said...

I guess I should be glad I didn't bump into you on Simchat Torah. I was warned away from 770 and told that there would be no way I could even get inside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home